Monday, April 13, 2009

The Masters...a tradition like no other.

...and you missed most of it!



Why?....work of course! f*@king work! For that, I'm sorry my friends. Just come clean, I know that you obsessively checked the leaderboard on ESPN.com all day, desperate for a glimpse of those sweet Georgia pines... It's unfortunate for you, and it's okay to be mad! Just let it out. But if you're going to cry, do it in front of a chick....she will think you are totally in touch with your feelings and make out with you (just don't tell her it's about golf).



Okay, so I'm not a big follower of golf. Like most folks I know who Tiger Woods and Phil Michelson are. I can recognize a few of the names on the leader board. I've drank an Arnold Palmer. I know about Hooters and 84 Lumber thanks to John Daly. I do know the most important part of the game is how hot the drink cart girl is! But seriously, if you have never been able to get out of the office and watch the Par 3 Match on the Wednesday before the Masters, you are missing out!



I really have never watched golf on TV...it might have been on while I was writing a paper in college or whatever else I did those 5 years in Eugene. But I have never actually sat in front of the TV and followed a full day of televised golf, let alone 5 whole days of it! Man...have I been missing out! The Masters is everything that is great about golf and the south! Sunny spring days, $1.50 Pimento Cheese sandwiches, beautiful landscape, a drink or two, and tradition in everything they do.



After witnessing the grandeur of this event I have added The Masters to the list of great Man-cations I and my best friends will take one day. Also included in this list: Oktoberfest in Germany, gambling in Monaco, golf at St. Andrews, hunting in Africa, tour of Egypt, sport fishing in Mexico, whatever in Dubai, debauchery in New Orleans, being a cowboy in Jackson Hole, the Super Bowl, Kentucky Derby, Preakness, and another weekend in Vegas with Rick... (by the way, if I haven't told you that story, we need to go out! I'll let you buy me a beer, and I will make you laugh!)



So next year....quit you job or at least take a day off and check out what the Masters has to offer, you won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment