Thursday, February 26, 2009

Discount Cereal of the Week!

Being unemployed has enhanced some abilities I never knew I possessed! Things that would blow by me unnoticed two months ago are now becoming colorful and focused.

It's like I have super spider sense or something! Maybe I was bitten by a radioactive spider or hit with some nuclear waste while walking down Burnside....you know it's a possibility!

Seriously, I do feel aware of the world around me more than ever before.

I am going to guess it's the time I have to keep up on what's happening, but it could be something way cooler...you don't know!

However it's happend, I am more observant than ever. Case in point...did you know there is a volcano in Chile erupting right now. Thanks to my new super powers (and CNN) you do now!


So, during my last few trips to the store many different sales tags sparked these heightened senses of mine. You know...looking for a deal.

Then I saw it...was it real...no way, it it couldn't be...is it?

Discount Cereal of the Week! One new brand of cereal each week for only $1.99! It's like the happy hour of breakfest cereal!

And it's not that generic crap either!
Last week I devoured a box of Kid's. This week, it's all about the Golden Crisp! Next week...who knows! I can't wait though. Maybe it's Captain Crunch, Lucky Charms, Coco Puffs, or Cinnamon Toast Crunch, oh...maybe-oh-maybe Fruity Pebbles!


I am freaking out!



Before leaving the working world I was lucky to get a cup of burnt tasting Starbucks and a dry bagel before making it into the office and getting hammered with the "important" tasks of the day.
Now it's like a veil has been lifted over the morning meal time. I have been given one more chance to bask in the culinary delight of childhood cereal memories.

So Frosted Flakes with some Tony the Tiger game on the box, or Cheerios with tons of sugar!


It's all Grrrrrrrrrrrrreat!

No comments:

Post a Comment