Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Ok so it's been a while! Maybe I'm busy....

Not really....I'm not that busy.

I have been going to interviews and at one point would have bet money I'd be working about a month ago. But alas no. Not this month. Still no jobby job. Not for this guy.

It is looking better out there for sure. For those of you still pounding the pavement, keep it up! Over the past couple months I have actually been getting responses to my resumes and phone calls. I've gone on interviews and it seems like things are getting better.

Better for me? Not quite yet but I feel it coming! Unfortunately, a bit too late for my pocket book at this point. So, what to do until I hit my pay day?

How do I keep this unemployment party going until the job finds me? I've already mastered the art free lunches and drinks (if you need a lesson please refer back a few posts or contact me for a lesson). I've maxed out the government assistance I am qualified for (no thanks to my previous employer). And I've cut out everything I can while hanging onto the really important stuff, like traveling and booze.

Seems to me I've got my output under control....now it's time for some input. Time to find a bit of cash flow! I have been learning the graphic design stuff I wanted and it looks like that's what will pay next months bills. Which for sure is nice. But I really need a river of cash not the leaky sink drip that's flowing in at this point.

So once again, what is a young unemployed guy to do? Being that most my ideas involve comical and at times illegal means of generating revenue I thought I'd just leave it up to your opinions.

Maybe someone out there has a good idea for me to bring in some cash? Let me know your ideas and if there's a chance I'll live through it I'll give it a go!


3 comments:

  1. Hey brotha, I totally feel ya. I just started a blog a week ago about being young and unemployed: http://sweetnlow25.blogspot.com. I just finished up an internship with a fairly decent stipend and am now looking for another position. I will most likely check out some of the temp agencies in my area. I have also seriously considered returning to my former internship sites to see if they have any need for a super part-time office assistant. This is also elections season and I know there are plenty of campaigns out there looking to pay part-time canvassers, if that is of interest to you. idk, just a few ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I must say you are funny and inspiring. What am I doing at 1:17 in the morning, Sunday at that, wasting my time on the internet, unable to fall asleep... and part of the stress I've had to deal with for a long time is the prospect of having to work, work, work, get a job, work, and make a living, etc. But then, I came across this funny blog of yours, read some of the posts, and they all made me smile. You know what? I think you should become a motivational speaker for people who are in the similiar situation. People would be dying to have you talk to them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Deven...just came across your blog and can definitely say that there's a number of people who would sympathize with you. I'm writing about the woes of unemployment among young people all this week:

    http://www.readthespirit.com/ourvalues/

    Check it out...I think you might find some of the material interesting.

    ReplyDelete